Selling Tips To Make Your Day A Success
We encourage sellers to think about what price you would like to get for your items. Labelling items is a good way of encouraging customers to look at your stall. If you are unsure about how much to charge for something, look at what it is full price now and come to a figure you feel comfortable with.
Due from our experience from our last markets. Stall holders that price their items low and in bundles generally have more success. As it brings buyers to your stall and when your stall looks busy, this attracts even more shoppers, to see what you have to offer. Making you the larger profit in the long run and clearing out more items.
- Making posters for large amounts of clothes to go on a rail, is also a good idea ( if you need help, I can print off what you like. Just let me know in plenty of time) However try not to over fill your rails. Having clothes on the rails in age order is also a good way of selling.
- Display your items clearly and don’t clutter on or around your table, this always welcomes customers to your stall, if they can see what you have. Keep some items underneath your table to fill in gaps.
- You can display goods in bundles using ribbon or clear sandwich bags and tags. Buyers know what they are looking for, so being prepared is key to selling more. You can display clothing in boxes with signs (labelling bulk buys, however this sometimes puts buyers off as they don’t want to rummage).
- Have a table cloth on your table, again make your stall more inviting (ensure it’s off the floor, so it’s not a trip hazard) Taking pride in your stall, makes it more appealing to buyers. So using bunting or anything decorative, makes your stall more welcoming.
- Don’t display any broken or stained items, this puts customer off and they will look else where. Ensure everything you are selling is clean. (Including prams, outside toys).
- Please bring at least a £10 float.
- In my experience, sitting down at a stall doesn’t entice customers attention, asking them questions like “what age are they looking for” “is it a girl or a boy” just questions to build relationships with you customers, makes them more comfortable to buy things and invest in your products.
- Don’t try to sell everything you have in one go, sort out your items and only bring those that suit the current and next season.
Washing clothing before the market increased buyers attention as they smell fresh and more attractive.
Only sell what you would like to be sold. Baby Dinosaurs has an outstanding reputation for QUALITY ITEMS, so please help us continue our good work and please do not bring anything that does not meet our standards.